Connecting in neighbourhoods through team and mentoring relationships
Our Community Outreach initiatives journey alongside youth within GTA neighbourhoods. These multifaceted programs are shaped by the needs and desires of the local community, and brought to life through the passions, skills and expertise of our people.
They include: Academic Support, School Programs, Neighbourhood Drop-Ins, Recreational Sports, Neighbourhood Church Partnerships, and Virtual Outreach.
Supporting youth experiencing systemic vulnerability
These programs provide wholistic care and tangible support to youth experiencing systemic vulnerability, as well as strategic advocacy and/or allyship. They include:
• Mobile Presence - prison visits, street outreach, massage parlour outreach
• Safe Housing - temporary housing residence, Home Stay program
• Young Parent Support
• Physical/Health Support - food, clothing, medical care
• Mental Health Support
• Advocacy & “Allyship”
Pursuing shared interests in inspiring environments
These activities inspire youth as they gather together to grow and develop in areas of shared interests and passion.
These include: Sports & Fitness Training, and Artistic Development (future).
Growing and discovering God’s purpose for life
Our Leadership Development programs provide mentorship, growth and discipling relationships for youth, as well as networking and equipping opportunities for parents, teachers and youth workers. These include:
• Parent and Youth Worker Equipping
• Intentional Mentorship
• Discipleship Cohorts
• Youth Leadership Training
Developing employment skills and entrepreneurship
Our Marketplace Initiatives support the development of sustainable livelihoods for young people through mentoring relationships that focus on employment readiness, job-skills training, employment placement and entrepreneurship. These include:
• Employment Support - readiness, placement, mentoring
• Social Enterprise
• Skills Training
Sharing experiences, adventure and social impact
Our Trips, Camps & Events enable youth to join with friends as they share adventures and experiences, and participate in short-term service and mission projects.
• Short-Term Mission Trips - Serpent River, Dominican Republic
• Camps - day camp, overnight camp
• Service Projects - Project Serve
• Day Trips - farm, archery, fishing