Board of Directors & Governance
Members At Large
The Board performs an overall directing and monitoring role and delegates operational leadership to the Executive Director (“ED”).
The Board’s responsibilities are to:
- Design the Board structure and processes.
- Establish Board policies for the organization.
- Govern the missional and strategic planning process.
- Delegate management authority and responsibility to the ED.
- Support and provide development for the ED.
- Oversee risk management.
- Monitor compliance and measure results.
- Assess the effectiveness of the Board.
In additional to our own internal standards, as an affiliate member of the Canadian Centre for Christian Charities, Youth Unlimited also operates within the external standards expected of a Christian charity:
- We are committed to the Christian faith.
- We are diligent in our governance with an independent and active Board.
- We demonstrate transparent and proper financial oversight, including public disclosure of our financial statements.
- We operate with the utmost integrity, and adhere to all applicable laws.
- Our fundraising is ethical and respects the dignity and interests both of those we serve and our donors.